We may obtain credit reporting information about you from a credit reporting body. Credit reporting information includes:
- credit information of the kinds listed under ‘What kinds of credit information do we collect and hold?’ but relating primarily to your dealings with other credit providers (such as about credit applications you have made or credit that you hold with other credit providers). This information will typically have been provided by other credit providers or other third parties; and
- creditworthiness information about you that credit reporting bodies derive from the information above, such as credit scores, risk ratings and other evaluations about you.
- We may disclose your credit information to credit reporting bodies where the Privacy Act permits us to do so.
- For example, if you fail to meet your payment obligations in relation to consumer credit provided by us or if you commit a serious credit infringement, we may be entitled to disclose this to a credit reporting body.
- Credit reporting bodies may include credit-related information provided by us in reports provided to other credit providers to assist them to assess your creditworthiness.
We currently disclose credit information to Equifax and Illion. Their contact details are:
By Post: Equifax, Customer Resolutions Team, GPO Box 964, NORTH SYDNEY NSW 2059
By Phone: 138 332
By Website: https://www.equifax.com.au/
Equifax is required to have a policy which explains how they will manage your credit-related personal information. If you would like to read Equifax’s policy, visit their website and follow the “Privacy” link, or you can contact them directly for further information.
You have the right to request Equifax to exclude your credit reporting information from any permissible direct marketing activities Alpha Companies may request them to perform. You also have the right to request Equifax not to use or disclose your credit reporting information if you believe that you have been, or are likely to be, the victim of fraud (for example, you suspect someone is using your identity details to apply for credit). You must contact Equifax directly should this be the case.
You can contact Illion on:
By Telephone: 13 23 33 (or +61 9828 3200)
By Email: [email protected]
By Website: https://www.illion.com.au/contact-us/.