A new year is here, yet a lot of people still struggle whenever it comes to earning and saving money. Many individuals have a 9-5 job, but is it enough to sustain our basic needs and wants? Here, we show you how to keep your resolutions until the end of the year by earning extra money.
How to earn extran money in 2017
1. It’s finally time to clean your closet. Literally – you have to clean it out, and sell the things that you just do not use anymore. You probably have a lot of clothes that you do not even touch anymore, or the ones that won’t fit. Toss those in a box, and label them for selling. Hold a garage sale, or sell them online. Find the right Facebook selling groups, and you’ll be earning extra income in no time!
2. Do the same for your books. You most probably won’t re-read your copy of the Lord of the Flies, or those Harry Potter books, so better sell them so other people can benefit from them (and also, extra cash for you).
3. Earn money through your hobby. If you’re into photography, then you can try selling your photos to stock sites, print those photos and sell them at art fairs, or even offer photography services. If you love baking, then try making a batch then have cafes and friends taste samples – who knows, they might love it and become regular customers! If it’s writing that you love, then you can look for online freelance jobs and start making money from there. Who knows, someday you might turn these hobbies into full-time jobs!
4. Save money through passive income. You might think that this one’s impossible, but it’s actually doable. Making creative YouTube or blog content can create passive income, as well as writing an ebook. It takes a lot of marketing skills and time for you to actually create income for it, but you’ll get there. All you need is patience, creativity, and devotion, and you’re surely on your way.
5. Pet/Babysit. Offer pet or babysitting services to your friends during their date nights or whenever they are going on a vacation. This will not only bring extra income, you also get to spend time with babies, puppies, and kittens. How cute is that?
6. Consider getting second hand stuff. Save yourself some bucks by buying second hand stuff instead of new ones. For example, if you are planning to buy a new car this year, then you might want to consider getting a car lease instead. This car lease in Brisbane offers quality second hand cars, so definitely check those out! You will save a lot while still being able to own the car of your dreams.
7. Offer to do someone else’s chores. Some people hire other people to do their personal chores for them. It might be mowing their lawns, assembling a bookshelf, or picking up their clothes from the Laundromat. If you’re up for it, you can volunteer doing their chores for them in exchange of cash. This is a good way of keeping yourself busy during your free time!
Be extra wise with your finances this year, and you are sure to save hard-earned money by the end of the year. Have a great year ahead and good luck!